Duncan is an award-winning editor with more than 20 years experience in journalism. Having launched his tech journalism career as editor of Arabian Computer News in Dubai, he has since edited an array of tech and digital marketing publications, including Computer Business Review, TechWeekEurope, Figaro Digital, Digit and Marketing Gazette.
The UK Crown Commercial Services has included 1Place as a certified supplier on the Government’s G-Cloud 13 procurement framework, bringing powerful and affordable data migration and management services to public sector organisations.
Part of the Government’s Digital Marketplace, the G-Cloud framework is designed to ensure the public sector has access to proven and cost-effective cloud software and services via an online platform.
Stephen Priestnall, cloud solutions director at 1Place, said: “1Place offers a high performance and scalable solution with easy-to-understand per hour pricing. Achieving the G-Cloud 13 certification is a milestone in the development and adoption of 1Place and demonstrates our commitment to delivering greater value and choice to the public sector.”
The approval means that any public sector organisations – including central government, local councils and NHS Trusts – can now trial and use 1Place without the need for extended procurement and testing cycles, bringing a wide range of functionality and services within easy reach. These include:
- Ultra-fast database migrations including Oracle, SQL Server and MySQL
- Support for database migrations AWS, Azure, Google and Oracle clouds
- Real-time and zero downtime for mission critical data and applications
- Database conversions to cloud native product sets
- AWS partner certified resources
- Migration assessment, planning and moves
- Cloud sizing and costing estimations before moving
- Knowledge transfer and internal staffing training and support
- Program and project management
- Managed services and monitoring.
Priestnall added: “1Place is a scalable solution that simplifies data migration and management as well as pricing. We look forward to building on our extensive public-sector experience and supporting more organisations on their Cloud migration and modernisation journeys.”